Medjool General Dates-1kg
• calories: 20
• total fat: 0.03 grams (g)
• total carbohydrates: 5.33 g
• dietary fiber: 0.6 g
• sugar: 4.5 g
• protein: 0.17 g
• vitamin B-6: 0.012 milligrams (mg)
• iron: 0.07 mg
• magnesium: 3 mg
• potassium: 47 mg
1. High in polyphenols. Polyphenols are antioxidant compounds that can protect the body from inflammation. Dates contain more polyphenols than most other fruits and vegetables.
2. Alternative to empty-calorie sweets. Dates can satisfy a person’s sweet tooth while also providing essential nutrients, such as vitamin B-6 and iron.
3. High in fiber. Just ¼ of a cup of dates provides 12 percent of a person’s daily fiber requirement. Fiber helps a person feel fuller for longer.
4. High in potassium. Dates are high in potassium, which is an electrolyte the body needs for good heart health. Potassium also helps to build muscle and proteins in the body.
5. Great for substitutions. People can replace the sugar, chocolate chips, or candies in baking